Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sheepdogs and sheep on Halloween night


Halloween at our house was a fun time this year. Unfortunately the hubs had to work, but my mom and sister came over to help the girl and I celebrate. Paisley was dressed up as a large fluffy dog, which she mostly enjoyed! (When she wasn't falling over because her peripheral vision was being obstructed.) We trick-or-treated at a few houses in the neighborhood and it was generally a success - little miss sheepdog mostly just stared down whoever answered the door. I think they all might have been intimidated into giving her treats. When we got back she was content to carefully sort her candies in various containers for the rest of the night. The longer she doesn't realize that candies are something to be consumed and instead uses them for her entertainment and organizational purposes, the better.

By the way. I was so worried this year about running out of candy! I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I only bought one bag but LAST year we DID run out of candy (although I think it was because the ever so generous hubs was handing it out by the fistfuls) and then a little girl shouted out to her friends, "THIS HOUSE DON'T GOT NO CANDY!" I was so mortified that I turned off all the lights and ducked down below the window, dreading anyone else that might find out about us and our lack of treats. Then when the hubs got back from rushing to the store for MORE candy I switched back on all the lights, flung the door open eager to redeem myself to the neighborhood kiddos, but the rush was basically over and we had lots of leftovers that we couldn't seem to unload on anyone.

SO. As I was saying, this year I didn't want to run out of candy so I firmly declared that there would be only one piece of candy handed out to each kid that came to our door (my favorite being a zombie ninja). 

And I don't know if there were way less kids this year or we are just not getting our ratios of candy to kids right, but we had so much candy left over. So. Much. I texted the hubs to inform him of our situation and he was all, "Way to go Mrs. Stingy!"

Please to enjoy my fuzzy phone pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment