Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

From the mouths of babes + fall

So Paisley has started singing! Little bits. Here and there. This is something that I've been looking forward to ever since she was born over two shortish-longish years ago. Her first song was...wait for it...Baby by Justin Beiber. Ya girl! Such is the life when you are on the Young Life music team and you play the Beibs fifteen times a day in your house so that you can sing his song well enough to lead it in front of a bunch of teenagers who have probably known it by heart since they were 9 years old.

It was just such a special moment for us, my little girl laying on her changing table crooning to me "baby baby nooooo!" My heart.

The second song I ever heard her sing was "Happy birthday," randomly in the kitchen to no one and so, there's that.

Ahh from the mouths of babes.

Anyway. I've been obsessed with taking fall pictures lately. I love it. Every single leaf! Every tree, every giggle of delight from my toddler. I LOVE our new neighborhood in the fall. I LOVE walking through the piles of leaves at the cemetery and reading all the grave stones, some of which are almost one hundred years old. I LOVE that our yard got completely covered with two inches of beautiful, crisp yellow leaves that were raked into the most perfect and hugest of leaf piles. And I also LOVE that our yard is small enough that it only took one lovely Sunday afternoon to get them all raked up and into bags. 

And so I have been taking all. of. the. pictures. Hundreds,  probably! Much to your great relief, I have edited the amount down to a fairly reasonable twelve to be shared in this post. All of these were taken around our yard, local park and neighborhood, excepting the very last one which was taken at my mom's house - my sibs' and my fall stomping grounds of years past.












Happy fall, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment