Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Shouting songs.

Something that you may not know about me is that I really enjoy bands in which people are shouting in the background. They can be shouting anything, really.  I just like it. 

Not to be confused with screaming (although I won't deny that I went through a scream-o phase in my youth). But just good natured shouting. Some favorite bands meeting this criteria are Cake, Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros, and Of Monsters and Men (the latter being a more recent discovery).

Which leads me to my latest find in my search for awesome shouting songs. This is The Lumineers singing "Ho Hey." It's a sweet little tune and the music video is delightful. (And I don't usually use that word.) AND the shouting is just spot on. I highly recommend you give it a listen.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, we could go to some concerts together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful--definitely the right word. Now I feel pepped for the afternoon.
    HO!
    *strums banjo*
    HEY!

    ReplyDelete