Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years talk

These guys don't get much time in the spotlight anymore. Be rest assured, they are still here and as content and lazy as ever. Except at 3am, when wrestling loudly in the bathtub while people are trying to sleep suddenly sounds like a great idea.

It was a quiet New Years at the Points house. The hubs had to work and my friend who was going to come hang out with me ended up needing to take care of her nephews so it was just myself and my baby girl. Which really, after all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season felt just fine. After putting Paisley to bed I headed downstairs to the TV with laptop in hand and watched a Modern Family marathon while editing photos, dashing upstairs during commercials to make chips and cheese or ice cream and cookies or to start the dryer one more time (does anybody else's dryer take half a day or more to dry a load of clothes when it's fifteen below outside?). At one point I did turn to PBS in time to catch Elton John singing "Levon" in concert, which was awesome because that's one of my favorite Elton John songs, and also because it included some incredible long haired cello players.

And let me tell you, Elton may be getting older but that man can still play the piano like a champ.

The hubs came home with ten minutes to spare to catch the ball drop and a New Year's smooch. Then, instead of going to bed like smart people we stayed up watching 30 Rock and snuggling for awhile because we just can't resist Liz Lemon on New Year's. Or on any day, really!

Our New Year's resolutions include drinking less caffeine and brushing our teeth more. Paisley can't really express this verbally but I'm pretty sure that hers is to master the art of using zippers so that she can break into my purse and steal all my chapsticks and tampons.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful New Years!

Lemon out.

No comments:

Post a Comment