Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Six years of wedded bliss

Two weekends ago was the hubs and I's sixth anniversary. SIXTH! I know, I can barely believe it myself. What business we have of already being married six years, I don't know. But I wanted to share some pics from that weekend. All of them were taken with our phones and some are fuzzy, sorry bout it.

My mom and sister generously agreed to watch our baby girl for her VERY FIRST overnighter without us. Oh the excitement! And oh how glorious it was to sleep in on that Saturday morning.

We took our time getting ready, fitting in an episode or two of 30 Rock, and then headed to Uptown to begin our adventures. Chocolate Eclairs at Woullet Bakery to start things off was a great choice, by the way. Then we hopped on our bikes and rode around Lake Calhoun, Lake of the Isles, and Lake Harriet. THREE! Three lakes I tell you! I was shocked to later learn that we only biked a total of about ten miles because my thighs SWORE it was at least 25.

*Quick Disclaimer: I do have friends who bike (or run) many MANY more miles than this on a regular basis so I won't get too cocky.*

But still my sense of accomplishment that day was large. Large indeed.

Along the way we played a new game (our new obsession, I think we are maybe becoming gamers?? alarming? but maybe not), stopped to chat on benches, went swimming in some chilly but oh so refreshing water (it was like icing my thighs. my thighs! oh the burn), admired all the lovely houses, and got rained upon. 

Bike helmets give me Mary Tyler Moore hair. By the way, did you know that show takes place it Minnesota?!? I most certainly did not. Until recently.
Our new favorite game, Lost Cities. Perfect for two players and compact enough to bring wherever we go because we are obsessed.
Gasp! Ghost feet! Just kidding, don't be alarmed. It's just us whiteys.
Approaching storms. This was about the time we started pedaling faster. But oh my thighs!

Then we headed to the MOA to use up a gift card we had there for dinner. Parking lot photo!
For the first time we tried one of those pay-by-weight frozen yogurt places. I know, we are so behind the times! But now I can do this: #FROYO
We had such a great weekend, and it was fabulous to have so much time to focus on just the two of us.

Not that we didn't miss our little girl, though. Basically with every baby that we passed by you could be sure to hear "awwwww Paisleyyyyy" come out of my mouth. 

Last year for our anniversary I was so preggo.
And the year before that we went to the zoo!

2 comments:

  1. You two are ridiculously cute and that sounds like a fabulous weekend. Also. I can identify with the burning thighhhhhhhs feeling. Fist bump. I feel you, sister.

    We should definitely have a girl's date again soon with the lovely Miss Jorgen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated anniversary to you all! :)

    ReplyDelete