Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mouse Doodle

(Semi) Daily Animal Doodle
I'm on vacay this week, but I was proactive enough to schedule some doodles ahead of time! Yay me!


I also had pet mice when I was a kid.






Ok do you want to hear a little story? When we were little, my brother and I got two pet mice. The pet store people said that they were two girls. But it turns out that they were boyfriend and girlfriend and they had lots of little mice babies. 


Then the mice babies had more mice babies and in order to prevent even MORE babies we separated the boys and girls into two different cages. Then the boys all fought and killed each other, and the girls died of old age. The ones that didn't get eaten by our cat or german shepherd, anyway.


We didn't get any more mice after that.


So. The moral of the story is this - pet store people don't know how to tell the difference between boy and girl mice.


August Doodles:  SkunkArmadillo, Moose, Frog, Robin
Want to see more doodles? Check out June's here and July's here.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! That's almost exactly what happened to us, but with hamsters! We started out with a boy and a girl (Barney and Camilla), and they had babies, THOSE babies had babies, so on and so forth, until we had two cages with nests in every corner. Then the adults started EATING the babies! I can still remember one with half a baby hanging out of its mouth...

    We eventually traded them all in for ONE guinea pig!

    Cute drawing, by the way! It reminds me of the mice in Coraline.

    ReplyDelete