Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Catch Up

Alright. Now that I am caught up with life and life is caught up with me, I am ready to start blogging a bit more regularly again.


Let me just fill you in on a bit of what I've been up to lately.


Obviously there's the whole leaving my job and working from home bit. Obviously. And. So far I am absolutely LOVING it and am so thankful for this opportunity. And I can do things like ride my bike to the post office and then to Target in the middle of the day on a Monday.


But...I AM struggling a bit with using my time wisely. I am realizing that I need very strict schedules for myself in order to stay productive. But I'm still figuring all that stuff out - I'll be sharing more thoughts later this week. In the meantime...any advice from those of you who work from home? How do you keep yourself on track?


Besides that, I've also been having sleepovers with cousins, watching Kung Pow (Enter the Fist!), exploring the farmers market (documentation coming soon), trying to explain away Gepetto's crabbiness, reading Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury, going to birthday parties, watching Mad Men (Ummm today I watched the episode where Don Draper's little brother starts crying and that made ME want to start crying. Right there in my sweaty biking clothes. Who knew it was such a sad show?!?!) going shopping with my sis, getting feather extension-ified with the sis, having barbecues with friends, making smoothies with youth group kids, mint green nail polishing, watching Persuasion...and other stuff too.


Hmm. No wonder I had a problem with productivity last week.


Well. It was a fun week and I deserved it! 


Just kidding. We were just talking in our small group last night about self entitlement. 


Anyway. This week will be better. Productivity wise, I mean.








This is me and the hubs at Bar Lurcat for my friend Ashlea's birthday party. It was a fun and delicious time.


OK I have to go because I seriously need to put on more deodorant and change out of my sweaty bike clothes. Stay tuned for an animal doodle coming tonight!




3 comments:

  1. I'd love to talk to you sometime about working from home! It's tough for sure, but I did learn a lot in the last 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew! I would love that. I definitely need help, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting, Liz! That is definitely the biggest challenge for me - especially with all the distractions of email, Pinterest, Flickr, Google Reader, etc. I think I could spend the entire day on the internet, and not get anything done!

    My solution has been to block times in my day for the internet. I give myself until 8:30am to do whatever extracurricular web activities I want to do. Then I work. At lunch, I do the same thing. I get to peruse the Interweb while I'm eating. Then I work again. At night, I can do whatever I want. I can work more if I need it, do my doodles, or do my personal sewing projects. Usually I don't work much at night, because that's what the day is for!

    If you want to chat more about it, you can email me at emily@bluestarink.com. I am so happy for you!

    emily

    ReplyDelete