Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

A green, I mean, brown Christmas!

Today is shaping up to be a pretty good day in the Points household. Sleeping in, exchanging gifts, watching It's a Wonderful Life (turns out I know the whole thing by heart, but the hubs knows Home Alone by heart so I guess we're even), wrapping presents for the rest of the family celebrations, watching our kitties turn psychotic as they play with their new catnip mouse toys, and pondering the strange fact that we are in Minnesota at Christmas time and yet the temperature is in the 40's and there is no snow outside. The hubs informed me that this also happened in 2006, although I must have blocked such a disturbing and bizarre event from my memory.

As I mentioned before, I'm not a winter person. And 40 degrees is a whole lot better than...anything that's colder than that. But I DO like snow for Christmas. I like snow for Christmas, but then for it to be gone by like...mid January. But the way things are shaping up I'm guessing now that we won't get snow UNTIL mid January and then it will be here until like, mid April.

Not cool Minnesota. 

BUT. Christmas is still fun, brown and all. Yes. Today I got to use my new COOKIE PRESS! 



My first time ever making Spritz cookies, and they turned out nice and tasty. And also cute. Just the way I like cookies.

Success.

We have more time to relax today and then will be off to Christmas celebrations with the fam. I DO love this time of year, snow or no snow. :) And who knows, maybe good ol' MN will grant us a bit of Christmas eve snowfall tonight. Merry Christmas friends!

2 comments:

  1. oo these cookies are so fancy! I tried to make some sugar cookies from my grandmother's recipe today...epic fail. I'm pretty sure I made cardboard flour gobs. next year I'll have to try another kind like these. Merry Christmas and I hope Minnesota (and Maine) gets snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies are so pretty and look delicious too. I want to get one of those cookie guns... Happy Christmas. I should re-watch It's a Wonderful Life. It's been a while.

    ReplyDelete