Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sunshine.

And we're back with week seven of the Gussy's Inspiration Workshop. The prompt for this week was sunshine

I've been complaining to people lately that I feel like I haven't had too much of a summer yet. That it's already July and I feel like I haven't gotten ANY sunshine!

Seriously my skin is still the same color that it's been all winter.

But that's partly because I use sunscreen like a fiend. My sunburn days are over.

Ok, so last weekend and the one before I did find myself outside quite a bit which was fabulous. But I find myself remembering last summer, when I went on vacation to Maine for a family reunion and we were outside a lot. And there was LOTS of sunshine. And it was beautiful.

One day I found this little crab. In the sunshine.



Like my huge sunglasses? They always fell down my nose. But they didn't give me a headache.

We did lots of walks on the beach, ice cream eating, shell searching, kite flying, lobster eating, whale watching, sitting in a breezy porch, bouldering, frisbee-ing, Quelf playing, exploring, shrimp eating, more shell searching, it was great.

Can I go back now?

Hopefully I will find myself bathed in much more sunshine as this summer continues.

Starting this weekend because the hubs and I are going CANOEING! So happy. :) But I'm still going to be white because I already told you that I'm a sunscreen fiend.

Well I'm wrapping this up. Get some sunshine people! I will too.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lovely sun-filled vacation! I'm surprised the crab didn't pinch :) Stopping by from Gussy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your brave holding that crab :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts always make me hungry. Ice cream, lobster and shrimp, oh my! Sounds like a delicious vacation

    ReplyDelete