Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Beach story.

This week's prompt for the inspiration workshop was Beach. I couldn't think of a way that I'm necessarily inspired by beaches, but I can say that I like them. And that I like to go to them.


Especially this summer. Here are some pics from a couple weekends ago, when Minneapolis had temps nearing the hundreds and record breaking humidity.








I didn't think to take any pictures until we were in the parking lot about to go home. Oh well. Believe me we were at the beach.


This beach is a little bit special because there is a Liz and Brian story behind it. It was at this beach that the hubs first told me that he liked me.


Awwwww.


The story goes like this. Brian and I rode our bikes to this beach (across the lake from our school) in the middle of the night with no lights or helmets or anything. Just like any irresponsible college student might.


We sat out on a dock and the conversation eventually became:


.................................................................................................
Brian: So, someone at school today was telling me that he thought you and me were going out.


....which would be cool.


Liz: .............(surprised silence)........


Brian: ........(more prolonged silence)....


But I don't think I'm ready for a relationship.


Liz: (realizing she might just be losing her chance here and trying to pull herself together) Well I mean, if you were to ask me out...I would say yes.


Brian: Really??


Liz: Ya!


Brian: Well I don't really think I'm ready for a relationship yet.
.................................................................................................




And the story goes on from there. Obviously you know how it ends. The hubs is mine.







Click to see everyone else's linkups!
Previous Inspiration Workshop posts: week 1week 2week 3week 4week 5week 6week 7, week 8

1 comment:

  1. yay for awkward midnight conversations on a dock! that's where it started for me and wil too...

    ReplyDelete