Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Inspiration from Green Wedding Flowers

AND we're back with week 3 of the Inspiration Workshop over at Gussy Sews. This week's prompt was Green.


Well I was just super excited about this prompt. Green is my favorite color! Pretty much half of my wardrobe is green. I love little green frogs. Little green cups and pots. Little green hats. Actually my hats are big because I have a seriously big head. Green walls in my house, green candle sticks, green curtains. AND my maiden name is Green. It's true. I like green.


So imagine my surprise that almost a week after learning the prompt I still hadn't figured out what to take a picture of for the Inspiration Workshop. I don't know, nothing was sounding right. I already used my awesome green table in last week's post


So I was going to post a picture of my Kermit the Frog hat, which is my favorite. But obviously not too exciting.


But then I thought about my wedding day, and the bouquets we had, filled with little green Hydrangeas. And I thought, everyone likes wedding stuff more than Kermit hats, right?






Yes, I know there are other colors besides green. Just humor me ok?


For some reason, the flowers were one of the most stressful parts of my wedding planning. I don't know, maybe it was because I didn't know anything about flowers, or which ones were cheap and which were horribly expensive, or which were in season or not. To spare you all of the long and uninteresting details, I will just say that I waited until the very last night before the florist had to place her order or whatever to get the flowers in time for the wedding to let her know what flowers I wanted.


By the way, procrastination is the story of my life.


But as it turned out, I absolutely loved the bouquets. They were one of my favorite parts of the day, especially the little green Hydrangeas.


The End.


Oh, and yes, I cheated. I said I was going to take all of my own pictures for the Inspiration Thursdays, but I obviously did not take this lovely photo at my own wedding. Our photographer was our dear friend Michelle.


Next week I will jump back on the take my own photo train. I would assume.


Oh and speaking of weddings. The hubs' and I's 4 year anniversary is coming up on...let's see...today. :)




Here's the linkup!
Previous Inspiration Workshop posts: week 1, week 2

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the flowers and that you were able to use this pic for the inspiration workshop.

    Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete